Monday, April 21, 2008

Service

The arrangements have been made for Jackie's service.

The funeral services will be held
on Wednesday, April 23rd at 1:30pm at

First Baptist Church
204 W. Fulton Street
DeKalb, TX
75559

Viewing of the body will be from 11:00 - 1:30 in the same location.

Immediately following the graveside service at New Hope Cemetery, coffee and dessert will be served at Jackie and Vivian's home. Directions will be provided.

In lieu of flowers, donations to the New Hope Cemetery would be appreciated and can be sent to:

New Hope Cemetery Fund
703 CR 4311
DeKalb, TX
75559

3 comments:

Ed Johnson said...

From Eddie Johnson, WWS Class of 63

I am so sorry about Jackie's death. I knew Jackie during our years at WWWS because we played football and baseball there. I remember well how good natured and evened tempered Jackie was. He was a great guy to be around during practices and games as he always kept everyone laughing. He was always kind to everyone. I wish it would have worked out for all of us who played football and baseball together to be able to get together more often. It was good to have known Jackie and call him friend.

Eddie Johnson

Anonymous said...

Aunt Vivian,
I'm sorry I can't be down there for the funeral... a teacher told me if I miss anymore class, she'll have to drop me out of it. I couldn't believe it.
I am very saddened, though. I can't believe this is happening. There's not a moment that I don't think about my uncle.

I love you very much, Aunt Vivian. I hope God gives you all the strength you need. You know that we, your family, are always here for you anytime you need us.

All my love goes to you.

Your neice,
Lauren

mdpylot80 said...

Bubba's service was a great celebration for such a great man. I will miss him very much and look forward to seeing him again one day. Thanks to all attended and honored him.It made me very proud as a Brother to see how many lives Jackie touched during his time on earth. Thanks Vivian for being such a good and loving Wife to him. Your compassion and caring for him showed your character of a great woman.Signal 11 and Signal 66 the fire is out and retuen home to that great fire station in the sky.
Love,
Your Brother
William